Sunday 23 August 2015

Debt Is Good: For Funding The Greatest Participation Trophy Ever Created | Zero Hedge

Debt Is Good: For Funding The Greatest Participation Trophy Ever Created | Zero Hedge



As the capital markets from Shanghai to New York were melting down in ways hearkening back to the early days of the prior financial crisis - a period of time many would like to forget (or act) as if it never happened - the Nobel Laureate economist Paul Krugman decided it was time once again to weigh in with what will surely be viewed by the so-called “smart crowd” as a brilliant perspective on what ails the world:Not enough debt.
The title of his Op-Ed in the New York Times™ seemed to borrow directly from one of Wall Street’s most celebrated fictional characters Gordon Gekko when he delivered the now immortal line “Greed, for lack of a better word: Is good.” For Mr. Krugman however, there was no need of a “better word” qualifier. He came out blazing with what seems the only bullet in his arsenal as a cure-all for what ever the ailment might be (e.g., debt.) as he argues this view in his latest: Debt Is Good.
As I read, I found myself repeatedly either laughing, or with my head in my hands. What seemed lost on Mr. Krugman was the irony of not only his timing, but also the glaring front-of-mind examples real people, with real issues, currently have that are entirely interchangeable as to replace his call for action; and replace it with the actions they are currently living through. All of which are both suggested as well as endorsed by him and his ilk.
Unlike most I believe I’m uniquely qualified to demonstrate how “tin eared” or “outright delusional” his thesis appears for I: Never graduated high school (although I did receive my GED from The University of S. Maine, so depending on the cocktail discussion, I can show to be “one of their kind” if I implore the Clinton-esque tool of what “is” is skillfully), can hardly spell cat without the use of spellchecker, make more punctuation and grammatical erro

No comments:

Post a Comment