Monday 28 August 2017

Have We Lost Our Humanity? Social Media Comments About Hurricane Harvey Victims Get Nasty

Ready Nutrition:

As many of you know, I was born and raised in Houston, Texas and let me tell you, those roots run deep. Yes, it is hotter than the hubs of hell there and mosquitos are the size of pterodactyls, but the people are warm and friendly and have always done what they could to help someone in need. I’ve seen this on more than one occasion and all I can conclude is it’s just the Texas way. That’s how I was brought up and for me, that ingrained duty to help those in need has always stayed with me. But it wasn’t just in Texas where I saw this. When 9/11 happened, I watched in pride as countrymen dropped everything to help those affected by the attacks. I saw it when the Fukushima 50 stayed behind to ensure others were out of harm’s way. It wasn’t just a Texan thing, I came to realize it was a human thing.



But have times changed? Have we become so entranced by our own ideologies and cultural division that we are turning our backs on each other? Let me explain.



Cont....   

No comments:

Post a Comment