Monday 10 July 2017

Aiding and Abetting the Tweeter-in-Chief

Tomgram: Engelhardt, | TomDispatch:

The Insult Wars in Washington 
How They Blind Us to Our Troubles 
By Tom Engelhardt
I don’t tweet, but I do have a brief message for our president: Will you please get the hell out of the way for a few minutes? You and your antics are blocking our view of the damn world and it’s a world we should be focusing on!
Maybe it was the moment, more than a week ago, when I found myself reading Donald Trump’s double tweet aimed at MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski who, on Morning Joe, had suggested that the president might be “possibly unfit mentally.”
“I heard,” the president tweeted, “poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came... to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

No comments:

Post a Comment