Monday 14 August 2017

The Long Struggle

The Z Blog:



At this point, everyone who is anyone has chimed in with a misinformed hot take on the riot in Charlottesville. I’ve done my share on Gab about it, but I thought a full post was a better way to make myself clear on the subject. A feature of outsider politics is that every event requires a response. It becomes a way for everyone to position themselves in relation to everyone else. For instance RamZPaul is out reminding everyone that he does not like Richard Spencer, using Charlottesville as a jumping off point.
Having had some time to think about my own range of responses over the last 48 hours or so, I think the most important take away is that a whole lot of people who never heard of the alt-right, now know there is another team on the field. We forget that most people don’t know Antifa from Auntie May. Over the last 48 hours I’ve had a lot of normal people ask me to explain what’s going on with these groups they are seeing on TV. Despite the media barrage, I’ve had a few normies say, “At least they are fighting the Left.”

No comments:

Post a Comment