Friday 6 February 2015

The Horrors of Homogenization | Energy Matters

The Horrors of Homogenization | Energy Matters

There has recently been a lot of discussion about the homogeneity adjustments that GISS and others have applied to surface air temperature records, and since this is a subject I’ve done  some work on I thought it would be appropriate to say something about it.
The problem, however, is how to say it, because the subject defies exhaustive treatment in a single blog post, and I don’t think presenting yet another set of before-and-after examples of what homogenization does to raw records would greatly advance the state of knowledge. So what I will do here is touch on the basics and then work my way through a few examples of what homogenization actually does in practice, one of them in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment