Sunday 17 May 2015

If Numbers Don’t Lie Then… | MarkStCyr.com

If Numbers Don’t Lie Then… | MarkStCyr.com




There’s an old saying that “numbers don’t lie.” However, when I apply
 simple common sense to the way I hear numbers spun across the financial
 media what doesn’t add up is precisely that: the numbers.

Once again I was left slack-jawed countless times as I heard one after
 another economist, analyst, chief investment big bank guru, et al tout 
their reasoning and pontificate why we’re on the verge of breaking out 
of this stagnant economic malaise of sub 1% GDP prints.

The reasonings were laughable when applying common sense rather
 than math skills to the arguments. Yet, as I’ve stated and wrote before. 
When it comes to this set of supposed number mavens: “They can
 add – but they can’t put two and two together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment