Sunday 30 October 2016

Winners Who Won the Wind

Winners Who Won the Wind – The Burning Platform



by Uncola
Whoever brings ruin on their family will inherit only wind
Proverbs 11:29
On the morning of Wednesday, November 3rd, 1976, I heard my father tell my mother Jimmy Carter won the election. I have not forgotten how my mother replied. In a resigned manner, and with a fatalistic sigh, she said: “Oh no”, to which my father replied with the same sense of concern, sadness and resignation in his voice: “Yep”. Looking at the pimply faced pre-teen staring back at me from the mirror that morning, I sensed something bad had just happened. Something big. And something that was soon to deliver real consequences of the sort that gave my two small town, main street, Republican parents pause and even a palatable sense of resignation and foreboding.

No comments:

Post a Comment