Thursday 24 March 2016

Is It Government Or Oligarchs? | Zero Hedge

Is It Government Or Oligarchs?


QUESTION:
I am a capitalist and what we have today is the least efficient form of capitalism. Actually it is quite a destructive and dangerous form of capitalism when the concentration of power reaches this level. I think that in all these years that I thought we were talking about different things, maybe we were not. You call big government what I call plutocrats controlling government. You were blaming governments, I was blaming plutocrats that we let become soo big and powerful that can buy any government…

Yet maybe we are not that far off.

...In any case... one question that I would love to ask you... how do you think we are going to fix the problem with the power structure? What I call the power structure is not the legitimate power structure, but the mix of oligarchs and corrupt government working as one cancerogenous entity. I do not see any reasonable way to fix it…?

REPUBLI-OLIGARCHY


ANSWER:
I think what you have to understand is that our structure of government being a republic rather than a democracy invites oligarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment