Saturday 24 September 2016

The Game

The Game – The Burning Platform



Guest Post by Rob in Nova Scotia
I tried reading an article about differences in IQ between Blacks and Whites but found it confusing and circular. I suppose that is the point of writing a piece about IQ. The whole concept is to me esoteric. Like God it is hard to quantify and define for outcomes. I myself try to consider each person I meet on their merits. Who they are, rather then what they look like. But I will confess to my bias. Everyone has some.
I am only human.
There was a time that I thought seeking out counselling was sign of weakness as a person. I have changed my mind about that. It didn’t take long for me to see that being a victim is a malignancy that if unchecked will ruin one’s life. The problem with many black folks I meet is that they talk about how society has affected them rather then how they impact their world. Pretty hard to do good things, great and small, when you go thru life feeling oppressed. A lot of it is social in construct. The Great Society was set up to herd Black America back to the Plantation. It is often said that Government can’t do anything right.

No comments:

Post a Comment