Wednesday 18 March 2015

Science's Biggest Fail | Scott Adams Blog

Science's Biggest Fail | Scott Adams Blog



What’s is science’s biggest fail of all time?
I nominate everything about diet and fitness.
Maybe science has the diet and fitness stuff mostly right by now. I hope so. But I thought the same thing twenty years ago and I was wrong. 
I used to think fatty food made you fat. Now it seems the opposite is true. Eating lots of peanuts, avocados, and cheese, for example, probably decreases your appetite and keeps you thin. 
I used to think vitamins had been thoroughly studied for their health trade-offs. They haven’t. The reason you take one multivitamin pill a day is marketing, not science. 
I used to think the U.S. food pyramid was good science. In the past it was not, and I assume it is not now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment