Thursday 12 March 2015

Why I Don't Want An Apple Watch (And It's Not Battery Life) | Zero Hedge

Why I Don't Want An Apple Watch (And It's Not Battery Life) | Zero Hedge



Being connected is a sure way to destroy productivity.
The reason I don't want an Apple Watch has nothing to do with its look, functionality, price or battery life. The reason I have no interest in an Apple Watch (or any of its competitors) is I can't afford to be connected to a device that destroys my productivity with an endless stream of chirps, beeps, buzzes or vibrations every time an email, tweet, text, etc. arrives.
 
Stated very simply: the Apple Watch, like every other enslaving you to the network device, is a productivity destroyer.
 
A number of readers sent me this article on the luxury status of quietude: The Cost of Paying Attention: Silence is now offered as a luxury good.
 
Why is quietude now a luxury? There are two reasons:

No comments:

Post a Comment